On Saturday, December 12, 2020, a by-election will be held to fill one (1) vacancy for the office of Councillor in the City of Victoria. For up-to-date and detailed information on how to vote, check the City of Victoria website.
Ways to Vote
There are many ways to vote. You may vote in person on General Voting Day on Saturday, December 12 at any one of the six polling stations or at any of the eight advance voting days at Crystal Garden. Information will be coming soon on how to apply for a mail-in ballot.
Am I Registered to Vote?
Check to see if you're on the Provincial Voters List here.
Request a Mail Ballot
To request a mail ballot package, fill out an online form or call 250.361.0571.
You may apply for a mail ballot package up to and including General Voting Day.
- Your package will include helpful instructions on how to complete and return your mail ballot.
- Completed mail ballots should be placed in the mail by Friday, December 4 at the latest.
After December 4, all requested mail ballots are to be picked up at City Hall and can be returned to the drop box at the Pandora Avenue entrance of City Hall, at an advance voting opportunity at Crystal Garden, or before 8 p.m. at one of the six voting places on General Voting Day.
- Postage is included for mail ballot packages mailed within Canada.
- Mail Ballot Packages will be mailed out starting the week of November 23.
- If you have requested a mail ballot but have not received one by General Voting Day, please contact City of Victoria Legislative Services at 250.361.0571.
ALL mail ballots must be received by the City of Victoria before 8 p.m. (Pacific Time) on Saturday, December 12, 2020.
Eight advance voting opportunities will be held at the Crystal Garden at 713 Douglas Street and will be open to all voters. An accessible voting machine will be available.
- Tuesday, December 1, 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Wednesday, December 2, 8 a.m. - 8 p.m.
- Thursday, December 3, 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Friday, December 4, 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Saturday, December 5, 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Monday, December 7, 8 a.m. - 8 p.m.
- Tuesday, December 8, 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Wednesday, December 9, 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Election Day Voting
Eligible voters can vote at ANY of the following locations on General Voting Day, Saturday, December 12, 8 a.m. – 8 p.m.:
- James Bay, Community School,140 Oswego Street
- Oaklands Elementary School, 2827 Belmont Avenue
- Sir James Douglas Elementary School, 401 Moss Street
- Da Vinci Centre, 195 Bay Street
- Crystal Garden, 713 Douglas Street*
- Victoria High School at SJ Willis Education Centre, 923 Topaz Avenue
*An accessible voting machine will be available at Crystal Garden on General Voting Day, December 12, 2020.