Come to Victoria City Hall (Pandora Ave entrance) at 6:00 pm on Thursday, Sept. 6 to ensure that affordable housing is included in every real estate development!
This Thursday, Mayor and Council will debate a proposal for inclusionary housing that fails to take action to generate the affordable housing that Victoria needs.
WE NEED YOUR VOICE TO ENSURE:
- 15% of all new residential units are truly affordable to low and moderate income households.
- Every new development includes affordable housing.
- Apply the new density bonus policy to all residential rezoning applications as is done in Coquitlam, New West, White Rock, Maple Ridge, North Vancouver, Langley, Langford and Central Saanich.
- Developer contributions to affordable housing do not come at the expense of contributions to other much needed community amenities such as parks, recreation and childcare.
- Fix the City’s flawed calculation of density which has failed to generate any meaningful contributions to affordable housing OR meaningful contributions to any other amenities by following the practices of other municipalities.
5:30 pm Make signs
6:00 pm Housing for All rally
6:30 pm Attend Council meeting
Together candidates Laurel Collins and Sarah Potts will address Council after the rally. Please consider registering to speak to Council. You can share your own experiences of housing insecurity, or just say ‘I support what Laurel and Sarah said.'
See you there!
1 Centennial Sq Victoria, BC V8W 1P6 Canada